What is the difference between Brij and a Landing Page Builder
Brij is a new tool for brand marketers. Naturally, new tools are met with skepticism and questions like:
- Why wouldn’t I just use an existing webpage for this?
- Why wouldn’t I use a landing page builder to create this?
In this article, we will clarify the major differences between Brij and a landing page builder and explain why it is not only be easier to use Brij, but also a better experience for your customers.
Let’s start with a quick refresh on landing page builders.
What does a landing page builder do?
Landing page builders create the pages where visitors “land” after they click on an email or ad from Facebook or Instagram. Landing page builders are an essential part of the marketing tool stack.
A landing page builder creates dedicated pages for specific marketing campaigns. And they are designed for the singular purpose of a form-fill or shopping cart conversions.
The core feature set of a landing page builder includes:
- Content Editor
- Page styling
There are many landing page builders to choose from. Some popular builders for standard web use cases are Unbounce, Instapage, and Leadpages. Replo and Shogun are specialty providers focused on Ecommerce and Shopify.
Most of these providers start at $99/month. However, pricing scales with premium features and in sometimes with the number of domains, pages published, visited, and leads converted.
A Landing Page is Not a QR Code Experience
An astute marketer can see that QR Code generators are also ubiquitous. And from there, it’s natural to posit that by combining these two simple and cheap solutions, one could easily create an amazing QR code marketing campaign. But a QR code and landing page combo is not a QR Code Experience.
You are probably asking yourself what is a QR Code Experience?
A QR Code Experience is:
- Awareness - what is this and why should i scan it?
- Scanning and visiting the destination
- The follow on actions I take at the destination
It’s a the marriage of the QR code and the mobile experience.
If you have scanned a QR code before, you’ve had a QR Code Experience. It may have been amazing, or it may have been terrible, but you had one.
Brij’s perspective on QR code experiences is that they need to be more versatile than the singular conversion purpose of a landing page. They need to bring the brand to life, educate visitors, collect data, and where appropriate, stimulate reorder.
A QR code experience is atypical when compared to digital marketing campaigns that start and end digitally. QR codes are used in physical channels. Common QR code placements include:
- TV commercials
- In-store promotions
- Product packaging
- Packaging inserts
The common thread is that historically these are dark channels and brands have no clue who is seeing their advertisement or product, and no way to engage with them.
The QR Code Experience is a completely new brand activation point and selling channel. Pushing them into a squeeze page to get a lead or a purchase is not only a bad experience for the prospective buyer but also a missed brand education opportunity.
Brij is a QR Code Experience Builder
Here are the major differences between a landing page builder and a QR code experience builder
- QR code AND the destination. Brij delivers the full QR code experience. Thus, it has its own QR code generator. However, in Brij QR codes and experiences are married together. You create your QR code and mobile destination as a pairing.
- Mobile-first. The builder is mobile-first and the experiences also work on desktop and tablets. People scan QR codes on their mobile phone so that the experience that’s the form factor that Brij delivers in.
- Designed for engagement: Brij pages are designed to look and feel like an app but don’t require an app download. Pages support swipe gestures and sliding modals that present content without endless scrolling.. There is also considerably more content in a Brij experience than a typical landing page.
- Conversion optimized: Brij experiences are designed for maximum conversion, leading customers toward a primary objective while also providing supplemental content.
- Modules not blocks: While most landing page builders are modular with block components, the building unit of a Brij experience is a module. There are modules for different purposes, i.e. email opt-in, shopping, video, warranty activation, written content, surveys, link out, and a multi-purpose iframe.
- Authentication: For brands with product registration (appliances, luxury goods etc.), the buyer has an account where they can SSO into Brij and review their products and registration status. Brands can also gate content to give unregistered and registered users different unique experiences.
- Coupons & Rebate Flows: If a brand is looking to stimulate in-store sales, they can offer coupons or rebates to prospective buyers and deliver a coupon via SMS in real-time.
It’s a Whole New World
At first glimpse, it’s easy to conflate Brij with a landing page builder. But, they couldn’t be more different. Landing pages are about building conversion pages. Whereas Brij is an experienced builder.
Brij can help you turn dark channels into an always-on brand activation, communication, and sales channel. At Brij, we like to think of it as the 4th leg of the stool in an omnichannel playbook that previously consisted of the big 3: retail, DTC, and Amazon.
What do you do with your other marketing and sales channels? Whatever you thought of, you can also do that in a QR Code Experience!
The QR Code Experience channel is a Swiss Army knife that can do all of the following:
- Education and nurturing opportunities
- Capture 1st party data capture (email etc.)
- Remarketing and reorder
- Retention and Loyalty
- Drive Retail Velocity (coupon, rebates)
All of this creates a better brand experience for the customer. And anything that provides more value to customers, translates to a return on investment.
Brij is helping more and more trend-setting brands do this every day. If that sounds like something your brand wants to do, drop us a line any time. Even if it's just to talk about how to start with QR codes. Book a time here.