Top 8 QR Code Platforms for Marketing & eCommerce of 2022
QR codes are ubiquitous. They can be found on the sidewalk to the skyline and everywhere in between. As more people begin to adapt QR codes for different purposes, there is a growing number of QR code providers to choose from.
Which provider is right for you?
Out of all the QR code providers in the market, only a few were built specifically for ecommerce and omnichannel brands. An even smaller number of these have integrations that power seamless experiences for multiple use cases, such as reorder, email capture, and product registration.
In this complete comparison of the top QR code providers, we’ll take a look at the features that differentiate the good from the best.
What are the top 8 QR code platforms?
From this chart, it’s clear to see that Brij is the most versatile and flexible QR code provider. Because Brij is built specifically for ecommerce, and omnichannel brands, our platform has all the key capabilities to tackle brands’ pain points, from increasing retention to driving more customer engagement.
Platform Description: QR-code activated ROI optimized experiences for easier product registration, reorder, upsell/cross-sells, subscription opt-in, brand storytelling and much more. Build no-code, native experiences within a webapp and embed your content directly without having to link out to your site. Track advanced analytics of your QR Code performance.
- Platform Approach: Brij provides a single platform for brands to create experiences for all of their products, activations, and other QR code needs - from email capture, marketing content & brand storytelling, to reorder & subscription.
- Integrations: Brij is directly integrated with Shopify, Klaviyo, subscription platforms and more to allow brands to easily sync their tech stack and communicate with their customers. QR code generators on the other hand do not have integrations that automatically sync with the Shopify ecosystem. With Brij, you can leverage single-sign up capabilities to opt customers into your email lists.
- Advanced Analytics: Your data is organized in a central dashboard, which allows you to track key analytics such as scans and registrations, geolocation, first-party data, engagement across channels, and more. When all your data is in one place, you can easily determine trends, customer engagement, and areas for improvement.
- Custom content: Brij’s rich text editor allows you to easily embed content of your choosing to share with your customers, including videos, images, documents, text, and links out to specific pages of your site.
- Survey Functionality: With Brij’s Survey Module, you can easily ask customers for product information and feedback, ranging from place of purchase or receipt upload.
- No code builder: From setting up your QR codes to launching them, you won’t need to write a single line of code. Instead, you can focus on curating a branded experience for your customers. With Brij’ custom content modules, you can embed everything from Spotify playlists to recipes and ingredients.
- With Brij, your customers can navigate between different modules for a seamless and more robust brand experience.
- Brij offers subscription opt-in, product registration, and the ability to create custom content to share with your customers such as recipes, ingredients, brand story, and other marketing content, such as Spotify playlists, blog content, giveaways.
- Allows brands to leverage QR codes for multiple use cases such as email capture or brand storytelling from one central experience.
2. Blue Bite
Platform Description: Blue Bite helps brands transform products into a direct to consumer channel that drives consumer engagement and increases sales. The platform uses Digital Product IDs, which give each individual product a unique identifier.
- Contextualize Content - With digital product IDs, brands can contextualize content based on product data, location information, previous consumer actions, and location.
- Form-entry capabilities - Brands can deploy forms to capture product information and feedback from customers.
- Content Templates - Brands can use existing templates to deploy and personalize further by editing HTML/CSS.
- Personalized Experiences: Brands can leverage customer location data in order to activate custom experiences for their customers based on their location.
Bottom Line: Both the Blue Bite and Brij experiences allow customers to access key features such as branded content and product information, but Brij’s integrations with Shopify, Klaviyo, and subscriptions enable brands to further personalize and automate the post-scan experience.
Platform Description: Shoppable QR codes and NFC tags for ecommerce. Allows you to offer direct reorder and cross-sells through an app clip experience.
- Easy Reorder: Batch uses an app clip experience to offer easy re-order through Apple Pay.
- Purchase Reminders: Customers that scan a Batch QR code and exit before purchasing will receive a follow-up push notification on their iPhone one hour later.
- Cross-Selling Opportunities: Customers can easily add recommended products to their carts from the same page.
Bottom Line: The biggest difference between the Brij and Batch experience is what customers are able to do in the post-scan experience. With a Brij experience, customers can navigate between different pages and have a much more robust brand experience versus the Batch experience is solely focused on reorder. Brij also offers subscription opt-in, product registration, and the ability to create custom content to share with your customers such as recipes, brand story, and other marketing content. Given the limited use case of Batch, if a brand wanted to leverage QR codes for other functionalities such as email capture or brand storytelling, they would need to also use a more comprehensive platform like Brij.
Platform Approach: Reorder flows for CPG brands. Repeat allows brands to enable SMS and email reorder flows and promote upsells and cross-sells through these flows.
- Easy reorder: With Repeat’s headless carts, customers can restock from an experience that directs them to a cart pre-populated with items they have previously purchased.
- Smart replenishment flows: Repeat’s replenishment flows are powered by product-level insights that allow brands to send reminders to customers when they are most likely to reorder.
- Reorder from SMS, email, and QR codes: Customers can reorder from convenient locations, namely their phone, desktop, and packaging.
Bottom Line: Both the Brij and Repeat experience provide easy reorder and cross-selling opportunities. The key differentiator is that Brij helps omnichannel brands engage customers across multiple channels by creating experiences which include more than just reorder, such as email capture and brand storytelling, whereas Repeat is focused on solely the DTC channel. Brij’s platform services both CPG and non-CPG (durable goods, consumer electronics), which means that brands can also provide frictionless product and warranty activation processes for brands who are less focused on reorder.
"Because Brij is built specifically for ecommerce, and omnichannel brands, our platform has all the key capabilities to tackle brands’ pain points, from increasing retention to driving more customer engagement."
Platform Description: Ringpin allows brands to engage prospects online and offline through QR Codes. Similar to Linktree, Ringpin allows you to have multiple links to different websites or pages on your website, and your SMS opt-in links.
- Multiple pages on landing page: Customers are able to navigate between different pages from the main landing page to links of your choosing, such as your reorder flow, brand website, and product ingredients.
- Website redirect: Users can navigate to a brand’s main website, social media pages, and SMS opt-in directly from the landing page.
- Connect via SMS: Users can send a text message to brands via a module on the landing page.
Bottom Line: The Brij and Ringpin post-scan experience share several similarities, such as a platform approach and allowing customers to visit multiple pages directly from the landing page. However, because Brij is designed for ecommerce, its native product design and integrations with leading ecommerce providers such as Shopify and Klaviyo allow ecommerce brands to leverage innovative tools such as subscription opt-in to drive customer retention. While Ringpin acts as a landing page linking out to multiple pages, Brij allows brands to embed this content into modules so customers can interact with the brand without having to leave the initial page.
Platform Description: Flowcode is best known as a free dynamic QR code generator.
- Customizable QR codes: Users have the option to choose the shape, code pattern, color, and add an image or logo to the QR code. Flowcode’s Pro+ and Enterprise plans allow for additional white label options.
- Advanced analytics: Users can track total scans and link clicks in real time with the basic free plan. With paid plans, users get access to more advanced analytics, such as time of day scanned and geo-location tracking.
- Create custom landing pages with Flowpage: With Flowpage, users can link their QR codes to personalized landing pages. The paid plans come with the ability to embed your CRM, other additional integrations, and dynamic app store links.
Bottom Line: Because Brij is optimized for omnichannel brands that want to drive repeat purchases and customer loyalty, the platform provides insight at the SKU-level to help brands not only capture first-party data and track analytics, but also deliver a great QR code experience. Brij also focuses on integrating with the other tech providers within the ecommerce ecosystem for brands to easily flow information.
Platform Description: Linktree allows you to create a personalized landing page that includes multiple links to connect audiences across social platforms. Users can generate links for free or upgrade to starter, pro, or premium.
- Customizable pages: Users have access to basic customizations, such as headers, social icons, and background colors. Users can hide the Linktree logo with the Pro and Premium plans.
- Email and SMS Integrations: With the Pro and Premium plans, users can collect email addresses and phone numbers.
- Advanced analytics: With the paid plans, users have access to several key analytics, including click-through rates and and average click time for individual links, devices, location, and more.
Bottom Line: The biggest difference between the Brij and Linktree experience is the post-scan experience and the features available to users. Linktee’s customizable landing pages and white label options are solid, but without the ability to support use cases such as reorder and product registration, they have a less robust postscan experience that provides little value to customers who want to do more with their products. All content is also “linked out” versus embedded in a Brij experience, which maximizes customer engagement.
Because Brij is optimized for omnichannel brands that want to drive repeat purchases and customer loyalty, the platform provides insight at the SKU-level to help brands not only capture first-party data and track analytics, but also deliver a great QR code experience.
8. QR Code Generators
Platform Description: With a QR code generator like Beaconstac, uQR.me, orand QRCode Monkey, you have the basic ability to generate a QR code to link to any URL you would like. Depending on if you pay for the QR code generator or not, you may be able to create a dynamic QR code.
- Easy to use: Creating a QR Code with a QR code generator involves a few simple steps. Typically you just enter the URL you would like to redirect to and customize the QR code appearance (if that is included in their offering).
- Customizable QR codes: Users can change the appearance of the QR code, such as the color and shape, and can add their logo.
- White labeling: Paid tiers usually allow for white labeling.
Bottom Line: Omnichannel brands that want to create branded experiences for their customers will find much more value from the numerous functionalities with Brij compared to QR code generators. One of the biggest shortcomings of generic QR code generators is that their basic plan only includes static QR codes, which are not editable or trackable. Once a static QR Code is generated and printed it can no longer be updated. This is far from ideal for brands, who can benefit majorly from the ability to update content, collect first-party data, and track customer engagement across their channels and products. Brij provides a holistic overview of analytics with a centralized dashboard, which makes it easy to identify trends and gauge the success of QR code campaigns.Even with the paid plans of QR code generators that come with dynamic QR codes, brands will need to use a platform like Brij for capabilities such as reorder, subscription opt-in, and product registration in addition to more robust analytics.