In this episode, we meet Breanna Atkinson, founder, and CEO of Kokada. Kokada is a coconut spread that is sugar-, nut-, and gluten-free.
We will learn how Breanna Atkinson co-founded Kokada during COVID and hear her journey from farmers' markets and co-ops to Amazon and larger retailers.
Other topics covered in this episode
- How kitchen experiments led to Kokada
- What is a co-op and the benefits in selling there
- Target Forward Founders Program
- Role of education in new product marketing
- Planning a partnership with a major retailer
- Start slow and focus on learning
- Know your customer well
- Collaborate with local co-op stores to understand the product
- Have a cofounder with a complementary skillset
- Be vulnerable and divide responsibilities as a team
- Build your supply chain transparently
- Embrace rejection and keep persisting
Please let us know your thoughts about the episode!
Where to find Breanna Atkinson:
Where to find Kait Stephens:
SUBSCRIBE TO THE OMNICHANNEL MARKETER