In this episode, we meet Christopher Jane, the CEO and Co-founder of Proper Good.
Proper Good is a better-for-you meal brand that provides better quality low cost ready meals from soups to curries.
Chris provides a masterclass in how to create an omnichannel brand experience across DTC & retail and much more.
- Better-for-you category
- Role of DTC and retail
- Packaging design
- Customer data & the retail data gap
- QR codes to capture audience
- Brand positioning in different customer segments
- Brand ambassadors and community
- Tradition natural channel launch via local presence is time consuming. DTC presence can accelerate that time line
- DTC is very hard to scale for food brands, but great for community, subscription, surprise and delight.
- DTC you get a ton of customer information to inform retail decisions, where the business really has legs to grow and nothing about the customer.
- There is a huge data gap in retail; most brands only really can know how they are performing in store.
- 90% of the U.S. population live within 10 miles of a Walmart.
- The average consumer looks at packaging for only 3 seconds in-store, so brands need to focus on communicating their most important message and make their design pop.
- Having an owned community is a huge asset to help you refine product and marketing materials
- Email drives tremendous amount of awareness, engagement and repeat purchase.
- QR codes combined with exclusive offers to capture email are a powerful way to bridge retail-DTC gap
- The more buyer reviews and interviews you collect, the easier it is to identify and target your key audience segments
- Community and brand ambassadors is a powerful platform that circumvents paid advertising
Please let us know your thoughts about the episode!
Where to find Christopher Jane:
Where to find Kait Stephens:
SUBSCRIBE TO THE OMNICHANNEL MARKETER