In this episode, we meet Liz Gordon, Vice President at L Catterton.
L Catterton is a the worlds largest consumer investment fund with $35B assets under management.
Liz dives deep into growth investment, as well as the themes and metrics that drive investment evaluation and valuation, and much more.
- Metrics for evaluating investments
- How current economic environments effects investing
- Growth investing vs Venture investing
- Omnichannel strategy
- Cohort analysis for digital brands
- Good LTV and CAC benchmarks
- Brand behaviours with new ios changes
- L Catterton invests in fast growing consumer companies
- Gross margins differ by category and channel, i..e food & beverage is on average 40%, where as beauty could be 60-80%
- Strong category, proof points, and working unit economics are entry point metrics that L Catteron looks for
- Growth investors seek lower risk and lower returns compared to venture investors
- Businesses with high propensity for repeat purchases are attractive invesments
- Digital LTV is much easier to measure than CAC; 3-5 LTV:CAC ratios are attractive
- Cohort analysis is cohort or how specific group of customer look like and how to track them over time on monthly basis.
- Omnichannel is meeting consumer where they are; brands need to diversify channels to be resilient to changes like iOS14
Please let us know your thoughts about the episode!
Where to findLiz Gordon:
Where to find Kait Stephens:
SUBSCRIBE TO THE OMNICHANNEL MARKETER