Meet Minesh Patel, CEO of Eczema Honey and Nigel Thomas, CEO of Alpha Inbound
Eczema Honey is a skincare solution brand for people suffering eczema and sensitive skin. Alpha inbound is a digital marketing agency that specializes in health & wellness brands.
In this episode, we dive into the relationship between brands and agencies, pitching to Walmart, and navigating the transition from DTC to Omnichannel..
- Minesh & Nigel’s founder stories
- Brand x agency relationships
- Pitching to Walmart
- Preparing for retail
- Omnichannel marketing
- The best products are born of personal pain
- The best agency relationship comes from a passion for your product and family-like closeness
- Bringing your agency to a pitch is a winning play - shows the retailer how dedicated you are and it’s great intel for the agency to build and optimize campaigns
- Omnichannel is meeting your customers where they are or want to shop
- Put your best selling products forward when moving into retail, but customize the assortment to the retailer, i.e. a $30 cream will sell in Ulta Beauty not Walmart]
- If you are launching multiple products, try to have a “brand shop” display with all of your products merchandised together, so they don’t get lost between other products.
- New brands should check out the Walmart Start brand accelerator
- Big retailers love brand with digital savvy because they can mobile digital audiences to stores
- Talking to local store managers about the questions customers ask can help you build great customer journeys that drive online social media grazers to stores
- When moving into retail, brand awareness becomes very important; people won’t grab you off the shelf if they don’t know you
- Getting into Walmart is the easy part, getting sales volume up and staying there is the hard part
Please let us know your thoughts about the episode!
Where to find Minesh Patel:
Where to find Nigel Thomas:
Where to find Kait Stephens:
SUBSCRIBE TO THE OMNICHANNEL MARKETER